PyData Orono is the Orono, ME branch of PyData and the only PyData chapter north of Boston in the eastern U.S. We welcome people from all over who are interested in data science regardless of prior experience.
We generally host meetups once per month in Orono at the UMaine (and ocassionally in Bangor at Covorts). The majority of meetups contain a presentation followed by open ended discussion about the topic. Ocassionally, we host informal gatherings at local cafes or restaurants such as the Nest and Family Dog. For more details on upcoming meetups please see our official meetup page. If you are interested in presenting please message firstname.lastname@example.org. We accept presentations that cover any aspect of data science from statistical analysis of data, to data manipulation/cleaning, to data visualization, to machine learning/AI.
- 7/10/2019 BERT and Beyond Video
- 5/15/2019 Deploying deep learning on Flink at scale Presentation
- 3/27/2019 Spiking Neural Networks Presentation
- 2/06/2019 Paying Attention in PyTorch Presentation Slides
- 1/9/2019 Java Stream API Presentation
- 12/12/2018 Reinforcement Learning in the Real World Video Flyer Slides
- 11/07/2018 Data Visualization Night Video Flyer
- 09/26/2018 Chatbots, dialogue, and natural language generation Flyer, Video
- 07/11/2018 End to end machine learning: Taking an NLP model from idea to production
- 05/02/2018 Java unit annotations Related paper
- 03/28/2018 Machine Learning for Creativity Video
- 02/07/2018 Deep learning with limited data Video
- 11/08/2018 Deep learning for Chest X-Ray analysis
- 09/19/2017 Recommendation Systems Flyer